In September 2019, UNVIE had the honor to be selected as the only non-U.S. based recipient of a Smithsonian Air and Space Museum Armstrong Spacesuit Statue donation.
The statue – an exact replica of Neil Armstrong’s spacesuit created using 3-D scan data is now touring Central and Eastern Europe, where space fans will have the opportunity to view it and engage with its interactive features.
And when you visit, don’t forget to snap a selfie with the statue, and share it with @USUNVIE on social media using the hashtag #Apollo11Selfie, letting us know what space exploration means for you!
UNVIE’s Armstrong Spacesuit Statue will be in the following countries. Please check back here for the exact times and locations as the tour develops.
- November 2019 – April 2020: Vienna, Austria, at the Natural History Museum
- June 2020 – August 2020: Fuecht, Germany, at the Hermann Oberth Space Travel Museum & in Munich, Germany, at the Munich State Chancellery
- September 2020 – October 2020: Vitanje, Slovenia, Center Noordung
- November 2020 – December 2020: Szeged, Hungary, Szent-Gyorgyi Albert Agora
- January 2021 – May 2021: Sofia, Bulgaria, Muzeiko America for Bulgaria Children’s Museum
- May 2021 – October 2021: Ostrava, Czech Republic, Science and Technology Center (Svet Techniky)
- October 2021 – January 2022: Budapest, Hungary, Museum of Natural History
- January 2022 – May 2022: Plovdiv, Bulgaria, Regional Natural History Museum of Plovdiv
- May 2022 – July 2022: Vienna, Austria, Technical Museum Vienna
- July 2022 – September 2022: Varna, Bulgaria, Varna Planetarium
- November 2022 – January 2023: Krakow, Poland, Polish Aviation Museum (Muzeum Lotnictwa Polskiego)
- January 2023 – April 2023: Chorzów, Poland, Planetarium Śląskim