The United States at the IAEA Board of Governors Meeting, March 2022
The IAEA Board of Governors is one of the two policy-making bodies of the IAEA, along with the annual General Conference of IAEA Member States.
The board examines and makes recommendations to the General Conference on the IAEA’s financial statements, program and budget. It considers applications for membership, approves safeguards agreements and the publication of the IAEA’s safety standards, and – with the approval of the General Conference – it appoints the Director General of the IAEA.
U.S. Statements at the March 2022 Board of Governors meeting:
– Agenda Item 2: Nuclear and Radiation Safety – Nuclear Safety Review 2022
– Supporting the International Atomic Energy Agency’s Renovation of the Nuclear Applications Laboratories at Seibersdorf (ReNuAL) 2 Program: Joint Pledge by Australia, Kuwait, Mexico, Qatar, Slovakia, Slovenia, and the United States
– Agenda Item 3: Strengthening the Agency’s Activities Related to Nuclear Science, Technology, and Applications
– Agenda Item 4: Verification and Monitoring in Iran in light of UN Security Council Resolution 2231
– Agenda Item 5a: Application of Safeguards in the DPRK
– Agenda Item 5b: Implementation of the NPT Safeguards Agreement in the Syrian Arab Republic
– Agenda Item 5c: NPT Safeguards Agreement in the Islamic Republic of Iran
– Agenda Item 6: The safety, security, and safeguards implications of the situation in Ukraine
– Agenda Item 7: Transfer of the nuclear materials in the context of AUKUS and its safeguards in all aspects under the NPT
– Agenda Item 9: Any Other Business