The United States at the IAEA Board of Governors Meeting, June 7 – 11, 2021
The IAEA Board of Governors is one of the two policy-making bodies of the IAEA, along with the annual General Conference of IAEA Member States.
The board examines and makes recommendations to the General Conference on the IAEA’s financial statements, program and budget. It considers applications for membership, approves safeguards agreements and the publication of the IAEA’s safety standards, and – with the approval of the General Conference – it appoints the Director General of the IAEA.
The Board generally meets five times per year.
U.S. Statements at the June 2021 Board of Governors meeting:
- Agenda Item 2: the Annual Report for 2020 (June 7)
- Agenda Item 3: Strengthening the Agency’s Technical Cooperation Activities | Technical Cooperation Report for 2020 (June 8)
- Agenda Item 4: Report of the Program and Budget Committee (June 8)
- Agenda Item 5: Verification and Monitoring in the Islamic Republic of Iran in Light of United Nations Security Council Resolution 2231 (June 8)
- Agenda Item 6(a): Nuclear Verification – The Conclusion of Safeguards Agreements and of Additional Protocols (June 9)
- Agenda Item 6(c): Safeguards Implementation Report for 2020 (June 9)
- Agenda Item 6(d): Nuclear Verification – Application of Safeguards in the DPRK (June 9)
- Agenda Item 6(e): Implementation of the NPT Safeguards Agreement in the Syrian Arab Republic (June 10)
- Agenda Item 6(f): NPT Safeguards Agreement in the Islamic Republic of Iran (June 10)
- Agenda Item 11: Any Other Business Consolidated Statement (June 10)